me. My name's Erika. :) I'm 15. A high school senior.

This used to be my blog. I had it for more than 2 years, but I got pretty sick of it to the point that I only blog once a month when I used to blog everyday. HAHA. I just moved hosts. I still blog, but not here. Look at my latest post here, and you'll know where to find me. :)

archives March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007

credits maker
picture
brushes
blogspot
blogskins

Monday, January 22, 2007
"Skarlet" MTV

I had my very first music video shoot yesterday :) IT WAS VERY FUN.

Since I was still sick yesterday, I had doubts if I was still going to the shoot or not... but I decided to push through with it. First stop... dad's rehearsal. We went to Circus Studios and he rehearsed some songs with a band. I love the songs. :) and I love the rehearsal studio. =)) it was a cozy place. I love the guitars there. =))

Second stop.. UP Diliman. That was at around 4 pm. Call time was at 3, but we were there at 4 because of dad's rehearsal:)) I met a lot of new people. Tita Myra (Skarlet) made me choose a dress to wear. I LOVE MY OUTFIT! It was a gray velvet cocktail/cake dress. Then I had this long beady choker on, and gold shoes. I had my hair fixed, too. LOVE IT.

The video's theme was Chicago-inspired. About the 1920's. There were a lot of crime scenes and violence in the video. My role was ... I was a party girl during the 20's (one of the few who are invited to Swing parties in the 20's. I loved my role :P hahaha! let me quote Joaquin: "cream of the crop"). :)) a "Swing kid" to be exact. We just kept on partying and dancing there, like wild 20's kids. :)) my dad was there too. He was part of the band. :)

I LOVED THE SET! It was sooooo cool. :)

We were on stand-by really early. Joaquin Valdes was there. He was our assistant director. Hot. :P He told us that our shoot would start after dinner (we were there since 4. :|), but no, our sequences started at around 10. =)) and those were still our rehearsal shots. It was pretty tiring. We had how many takes because of the different camera angles. At around 1 am, I got sleepy, so I slept on the set for a while. =)) maybe 30 minutes, while waiting for our next sequence. When I woke up I was all giddy again then we had to shoot again. =)) I got new friends! The dancers and Justine. And all the other cast, too. :) everyone was friendly. :) I was the youngest, though.

The shoot ended at 3 am with two takes of the "panic" scene which hurt my feet. =)) it was the scene where we had to run to some place from the dark (to a dark alley still) without looking at the camera:)) it was hard coz you really don't know where the camera is not until you're there. Plus the floor was uhhh, not pantay. =)) really like an alley, plus there were blood marks and stuff (the video was violent. :P)

I wanted to die in the video:)) but apparently I didn't. I just ran out panicking. =))

I can't wait until I see the video. I wonder how it'll come out? I'm not even sure if I would be seen in the video most of the time but whatev. WATCH OUT FOR IT ON MYX! :) I suppose that's where it'll air first since there were Myx people there yesterday.

"Skarlet" by Skarlet :)

My dad and I got home at 4 am... that's why I'm out of school for today. :)) but that's not the only reason why I'm absent. I'M STILL SICK:|

Pictures && video (not the MTV itself): Multiply

♥ Erix ♥ 11:36 AM link to post 0 comments